Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm still here!

Four years after a diagnosis that changed my life, I'm still here.
My body continues to decline, but me… The one you know, I'm still here.
My soul, my mind… The essence of who I am, is unpolluted by mind-altering drugs.
My body can't do all the things I love, but I still love those things.
I love a cool rain on a hot summer day.
I love pecan pie.
I love the smiles on my grandchildren's faces.
I love hot buttered popcorn.
I love laughing with my husband.
I love the first bike ride of spring.
I love playing cards with friends.
I love camping in the mountains.
I love the sound of a lighthouse on a foggy morning.
I love having breakfast on the gazebo.
I love crawling between freshly washed sheets.
I love roasting marshmallows over a campfire.
I love reading the Bible first thing in the morning.
I love… Because He loved me first.
My body is decaying… But I'm still here.
I'm not giving up so don't give up on me.
I'm still here!

2 comments:

  1. Still reading your posts. Still love you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Thomas. Always here... Love you with all my heart! Keeping up with all you post!

    ReplyDelete